This superb book captures the very spirit of Ayurveda, as propounded by the great sages, like Charaka and Shusruta. It addresses the immediate health problems of the common man. It also suggests herbal-based therapies that are effective, safe and economical, and based on time-tested ayurvedic medical texts.
This book includes :
- Herbals as tonics : advantages of ayurveda and pathya-food drug interactions.
- Collection and preparation of green remedies.
- Over 600 disease-wise green remedies.
- Home herbal kit for common ailments.
- Constituents and their applications.
- General tonics, immunity, memory boosters, appetizers, mother's milk enhancers, mother & child care etc.
About the Author:
Dr. S. Suresh Babu MD (Ayurveda), a renowned writer and practitioner of Ayurveda has been teaching and writing for the cause of Ayurveda for more than two decades. Hailing from a family of traditional Ayurvedic physicians, his penchant for writing has led him to win many awards, including the much acclaimed Vaidya Ratna P.S. Warrier Prize of Arya Vaidya Sala, Kottakal (Kerala) for 'Best Thesis' three times consecutively in the years 1994, 1995 and 1996.
Owing to a rare combination of innovation and sound practicality, he continues to be a much sought after practitioner, writer, and teacher in the Ayurvedic Medical world. His other published book from Pustak Mahal 'A Treatise on Home Remedies' has been widely appreciated. The co-author of this book, Dr. M. Madhavi is a research associate working with Dr. S. Suresh Babu.