This is a most valuable and instructive book for the aspirants, particularly for the devotees of Lord Siva. It is full of instructions on practical Sadhana for attaining Siva-Tattva or God-realisation. The secrets of Siva Tandava, Sakti -Yoga, etc. are very nicely presented. The translation of the Saiva Upanishads is a beautiful addition. The lives of Siva Acharyas, the Bhaktas and the Nayanars are inspiring and soul-stirring. A study of their lives will make one's life sublime and holy.
Up to this time there has been no such presentation on this subject. The philosophical portion is highly illuminating and helpful to the readers. The book contains the essence of all Saiva Puranas. The book is written in a very lucid and clear style. It must be studied by all religious-minded persons as it is of solid worth from the spiritual point of view.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter I - Siva Mantras and Stotras
- Chapter II - Siva Tattva
- Chapter III - The Saiva Siddhanta Philosophy
- Chapter IV - Philosophy of symbols
- Chapter V - Philosophy of Siva Tandava
- Chapter VI - Sakti Yoga Philosophy
- Chapter VII - Virasaivism and Kashmir Saivism
- Chapter VIII - Lord Siva and his lilas
- Chapter IX - Siva Yoga Sadhana
- Chapter X - The Saiva Upanishads
- Chapter XI - The Saiva Acharyas
- Chapter XII - Siva Bhaktas
- Chapter XIII - Festivals
- Chapter XIV - Siva Yoga Maala.
About the Author:
Sri Swami Sivananda , born on the 8th September, 1887, in the illustrious family of Sage Appayya Dikshita and several other renowned saints and savants, Sri swami Sivananda had a natural flair for a life devoted to the study and practice of Vedanta.
He was an inborn eagerness to serve all and an innate feeling of unity with all mankind. He is the author of over 300 volumes and has disciples all over the world, belonging to all nationalities, religions and creeds. To read his works is to drink at the Fountain of Wisdom Supreme. On 14th July, 163 he entered Mahasamadhi.