The voice of God, the ultimate truth, has been compiled in the Vedas. The Vedas are the perennial storehouse of our ancient Indian culture. Our saints, through the ages after deep thought and study of the cosmic mysteries, have compiled he true knowledge in the Vedas. Devoting their entire lives in the search of these deep mysteries, they strengthened the foundations of Indian traditions, culture and manners.
Many scholars of the world have also studied these deep mysteries and developed their respective countries. Whatever be the field-say medicine, diagnosis or treatment. Cosmogony or astronomy or literature-they have derived full advantage from the ascetic practice of the Indian Rishis, and are adopting it even today. Scholars of various countries are studying them and moving forward or progressing.
In brief, the Vedas are that storehouse of knowledge which, if a man enters to study, he will emerge with the knowledge of Brahma, bringing about his own salvation as well as of others. Keeping this in view, we have tried to present the knowledge of the Vedas in simple diction and style. It is expected that the book will prove educative, interesting and useful to the readers.
Table of Contents:
- Introductory Section
- What Are the Vedas-Introduction
- Determining the Period of the Rig-Veda
- Research on the meanings of the Vedas three Prevalent Opinions
- The Vedas and Vedic Literature
- The Upnishads
- Explanatory Section
- The Rig-Veda
- The Yajur-Veda
- The Sam-Veda
- The Atharva-Veda
- Research Section
- What do the Vedas say? Symbol
- The Vedic Devatas
- The Vedic Civilisation and Culture
- What Do The Other Vedic Granthes Say?
- Omkar Worship in the Vedas
- The Mystery of Yagyopaveeta in the Vedas
- Grihasthashram Dharma in the Vedas
- Education of Children in the Vedas
- Education of Women in the Vedas
- Human Religion in the Vedas
- Sandhya Yoga in the Vedas.