In October 2006 the SA police released their annual crime reports for South Africa which have clearly indicated this is a country at war with itself. We have the highest crime rates in the world and a deep penetrating level of social corruption. A mother can not leave her child to walk safely in the street with unimmaginably high levels of child abuse being prevalent. We are not free to walk at night in any major city for fear of attack from criminals. People surround themselves with burglar bars, electric fences, armed guards and we become used to this as a 'way of life', forgetting that this constant modus operandi of fear and survival are not allowing us to express our true potential as a society. Clearly this is a society that needs much healing on many levels. It is easy to blame poverty and lack of employment but there is a deep penetrating level of violence in South Africa that is not excused by poverty, it must come to an end.
Vedic Society is committed to accelerating the healing of this entire nation, so it may again become peaceful, so children may again play safely, so we can walk freely without fear. In ancient times Kings would employ Vedic technologies such as Yagya to heal and balance the entire nation. Sthapatya Veda creates balanced and healing spaces that subsequently can effect the entire population.
We are proposing the following projects for healing of South Africa based on Vedic science. We encorage any individual or organization to support these projects so South Africa may become peaceful again. For more details of the basis and implementation of these methods please feel free to contact us on
- A temple of peace and healing in the Brahmasthan of South Africa should be constructed as soon as possible using the sacred vibrational science of Sthapatya Veda. This will have a healing effect on the entire nation and become a place of pilgrimage for people from around the world much as the Peace Park in Hiroshima has become a monument of peace. The Brahmasthan is the central focal point of a country, if one uses sacred geometry to contruct a peace temple there it will have a healing effect by nature of resonence on the entire nation. Large yagyas and collective prayer cermonies can take place at the peace park for the welfare of all in the nation. Peace temples using sacred architecture should also be constructed in the central focal point of each major city in South Africa.
- A healing model prision should be constructed for serious offenders. This prison should incorporate the sacred vibrational architectural principals of Sthapatya Veda as it's very basis. This will allow the space to nurture and heal these people who need it most.
- Ayurvedic principals of nutrition which calm, nourish and balance the mind should be incorporated along with a strict vegetarian diet (vegetariansm has been proven to reduce violence dramatically in a society).
- Yoga and mediation should be part of the rehabilitation program. Both have been proven around the world to aid rapid and true rehabilitation. Prisoners should be involved in the production of organic fruit and vegetables which should be used in the prison for oprimal nutrition. Once the effects of such a prison has been documented, this model can be replicated throughout the nation.
- All non-organic and gentically modified staple foods such as mielie meal which are consumed by millions of South Africans daily as their staple diet should be replaced by non-genetically modified and ideally organically grown crops. GM foods affect the mind-body in a disasterous way and can increase anger and aggression in a society. Visit SAFEAGE.ORG for a list of which mielie meals are GM in South Africa.
- The South African government should start a mass Organic Food Production program which will create the needed employment in South Africa and make our bountiful country a world leader in Organic food. Organic Food is the world's largest growing food market and South Africa can easily become one of the top producers in the world and also create millions of new jobs as organic food production is labour intensive. It is a win win for the society as food grown without chemicals nourishes and balances the entire society. It is also financially a very sound model as there is a huge surge in demand for organic foods worldwide that far exceed supplies.
- The South African Police Force and Army should begin a daily meditation program which is state supported. A perfect example of the effects of meditiation on an army was documented in Mocambique when the entire army began a daily meditation program. The effects were dramaticaly positive. This will have a tremendous effect in reducing crime and also saving police lives. We reccomend TM (www.tm.org) which has been thoroughly researched for it's effects on prisoners in Senegal and other countries.
Besides the Vedic methods our Vedic society panel have come up with practical and simple proposals that will help to bring a peaceful South Africa today:
- Violence and sexual content must be severely removed from all television stations with immediate effect. Like will always increase like, there needs to be a strict censorship of violent media in a country with such a violent history and present. This measure seems drastic but recent studies have shown a deep connection between an upsurge in violence and violent media. Our society has a dramatic backdrop of violence and every measure must be taken by our government to reduce this by all means. People may purchase media privately of their own accord freely and without censorship but all national and private TV stations must respect a ban on violent and sexual media.
- All guns and dangerous weapons should be made illegal to possess with immediate effect. Without compromise, no one besides special police units should have the right to own any dangerous weapon. This policy has been in force in the UK for many years where only a special unit of the police and the army can carry guns or dangerous weapons. South Africa needs a drastic measure to bring safety in this society. A small amnesty period should be offered whereafter a zero-tolerance policy should be enforced.
- The army should become involved temporarily in social policing: Special units of the army trained for police work should come available to backup the existing police force which is not at all sufficient nor sufficiently equiped to keep our society peaceful. This will also help to check corruption within our police force.
- A minium welfare grant should be made available for all immediatly. Every citizen of this nation should be cared for by the state through a minimum welfare grant which can be claimed to alleviate poverty. To qualify for the welfare grant one should apply and also (as is done in European countries) should show that they are presently making efforts to seek permanent employment. To continue receiving the grant one must complete a minimum of basic minimal education, life skill or job skill courses and also show that they are looking for work. Those who are unable to work due to disability or otherwise social situation are exempt.