This book brings the light the views and achievements of the Vedic age which are relevant even today. The Atharva Veda gives unique principles of education, health and longevity, family life, vastu, polity and governance, selection of spouse, marriage etc.
Table of Contents:
- Why Read Atharva Veda?
- Vedic Education
- Healing and Healthy Longevity
- Peace, Bliss and Abundance
- Gods and their Psychological Powers
- Inner Yajna
- The Earth
- Polity and Governance
- Protection in Conflicts: Inner and Outer
- Selection of Spouse and Marriage
- Family Life
- Vastu, Home and its Construction
- Professions and Caste
- Food, Ray-Cows and Horse: Symbolism
- Time, Decimal System and Infinity
- The Sanctity of AV and the Negative Views
- Spiritual and Philosophical Hymns
- Good Sayings and Subhashita
About the Author:
Dr. R.L. Kashyap is Professor Emeritus of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Purdue University, Lafayette, Indiana in USA. He had his masters degree form Indian Institute of science, Bangalore and obtained Ph.D. form Harvard University. He is the recipient of many international awards. He has authored more than 350 research papers. He has guided more than 50 Ph.D. Scholars. He has written extensively on Veda. He has given the word-meaning of all the verses from the first 121 suktas of Rig Veda. He has to his credit six major books on the Veda. He is the Honorary Director of Sri Aurobindo Kapali Sastry Institute of Vedic culture, Bangalore.