This is a comprehensive book on the cultivation of aromatic plants grown or found in different parts of the world. It covers nomenclature, description, distribution, cultivation, processing, physical and chemical properties and uses of more than four hundred genera and a large number of species, which would be of special interest to readers.
Moreover, several, interesting aspects on history, classification, production and export of essential oils, raw materials for perfumers, extraction of natural fragrance and perfumes, safety aspects of fragrance and flavour materials, uses of flavours and fragrances and suggestions for improvement of aromatic crop industry are discussed in this book.
This will be an useful and handy reference book for aromatic plant collectors, perfumers, amateur and professional gardeners, food flavour and perfume industries, farmers, processing personnel, entrepreneurs, extension workers, exporters, students, teachers and scientists.
- Classification of aromatic plants based on their scented plant parts
- Production of essential oils in India
- Export of essential oils, oleoresins, cosmetics and Toiletries from India
- Raw materials for the perfumers
- Extraction of natural fragrance and perfumes and analysis of essential oils
- Classification of odour
- Storage of essential oil
- Safety aspects of fragrance and flavour materials
- Uses of flavours and fragrances
- Suggestions for improvement of Aromatic Crop Industry. General Index. Index of Common Names. Plant family Index.