This authoritative translation and commentary makes a timeless Eastern scripture as useful today as it was centuries ago. Swami Rama draws out the psychological concepts of this immortal text and makes them accessible to all students. Spiritual seekers, psychotherapists, and students of Eastern studies will all find a storehouse of wisdom in this volume. This book deals with analyzing and training the internal states of the human being so that one can be active in the external world while maintaining a state of tranquility.
Table of Contents:
- Arjuna's Despondency
- The Way of Self Knowledge
- The Yoga of Action
- Knowledge of Renouncing Fruits
- Knowledge of Renunciation and Action
- The Path of Meditation
- Knowledge of the Absolute in its Entirety
- Knowledge of the Eternal
- Knowledge of Royal and Secret Path
- The Glorious Manifestations of the Lord
- Yogic Vision
- The Yoga of Devotion
- Knowledge of the Field and the Knower
- The Profound Knowledge of the Three Gunas
- The Eternal Tree of Life
- The Destiny of the Sages and of the Ignorant
- Three Modes of Conviction
- The Wisdom of Renunciation and Liberation
- Glossary of Sanskrit Terms.
About the Author:
Swami Rama founded the Himalayan International Institute of Yoga Science and Philosophy, the Himalayan Institute Hospital Trust in India, and many centers throughout the world. A student of both Himalayan cave monasteries and European universities, he founded the Himalayan Institute to create a bridge between the ancient teachings of the East and modern scientific approaches of the West.