Astrology (jyotisa) is a Vedanga (a part of Vedas) and is mentioned in Atharva-Veda consisting of one hundred and sixty five verses. The science of astrology (jyotisa sastra) then was movement of the sun, the moon etc through affairs only. As the time passed on the zodiac was divided into 12 signs (rasis) and was made relative to the naksatras and with the cultural exchanges and invasions by the Mohamedans and the Greeks the Hindu science of astrology got mixed up with the Greek and the Egyptian astrology.
The present jyotisa is what has evolved after all this intermingling. The facts in support of this view are the famous classis like Vriddha Yavana jataka, Tajik Neelakanthi, Sripati Paddhati etc. for every science and the scientific benefits to the humanity efforts are made in different part of the world by the devoted savants of the science for its improvement. There is nothing wrong in it if we have adopted some thing good of others or some one has adopted our good sides.
The directional astrology (Dasa paddhati) of Hindu astrology is the unique one to predict the time of events as promised by the birth chart or natal horoscope and is the simplest and easiest one to understood and comprehend. The dasa paddhati gives very satisfactory results when used with the transits (gochara).
Table of Contents:
- Dasa Calculations
- Years of dasas etc, frame of Vimsottari dasa and sequence of Planets basis of dasas years of Bhukties
- Secrets of dasa Interpretation
- Vimsottari dasa of Maharisi Parasara
- Classification of plants in four categories and their results benefits and malefics for different lagnas and their combined results, Yogas
- Results of Maha dasas and Bhukties
- Results of Maha dasas and Bhukties as depicted in ‘Laghu Parasari’
- Importance of Sudarsana in dasa context
- Three lagnas results by majority of Lagnas Daivy and Aasuri Lagnas, Natural Dasas of planets etc.
- General results
- Results as lords of houses, Results of Bhukties in different dasas, classical evidences on Dasas and Bhukties etc.
- On Locating Trend of events
- Dasa And Transit
- Dasa is more important than transit Important of Jupiter and Saturn in timing of events through transit marriage progeny promotion disease foreign travel denouncing the world etc with practical charts discussion and arriving at the time of an event
- Rationale Behind Vimsottari Dasa System
- No Alternative to Vimsottari
- Index of technical Terms used.