The spiritual world can not but be grateful to the Author, for this work is the first biography of Sri Ramana Maharshi, one of the greatest sages to walk on earth. First published in 1931 when the sage was living in the body, this book has seen several editions and adorns the bookshelf of countless spiritual leaders.
The special feature of this edition is that it incorporates the contents of the first edition as well as subsequent ones. The original edition brought out in 1931 had twenty seven chapters but this edition has additional two chapters with material drawn from the subsequent editions, S.S. Cohen, an eminent devotee, has recorded in his epilogue very important events such as Maha Nirvana of Sri Bhagavan and subsequent events or developments in the Ashram.
Table of Contents:
- Who is This?
- A Family Trait
- Which of the Three
- Glimpses of the Dawn
- Born Anew
- Crossing the Rubicon
- A word in Parting
- Flight from Home in quest of his Father
- At the Father's Feet
- Years of Strenuous Life
- Traced Atlas
- The Light on the Hill
- The Swami and Book-Lore
- M Sivaprakasan Pillai and the Swami
- Ganapati Sastri and the Swami
- M V Ramaswami Iyer, Echamal, Raghavachari
- F H Humphrey and the Swami
- Instructions to F H Humphrey
- Annoyance from sadhus
- With Relatives Again
- Ramana Maharshi and Seshadriswami
- Animal Companions
- Giripradakshinam, Sacred Hill Circuit
- A Day at the Ashram with Swami
- Meditation at the Ashram
- Natananda swami, Yogi Ramiah and Later Disciples
- A Western Devotee
- A Western Devotee - Continued
- Epilogue by S S Cohen.
About the Author:
B V Narasimha came to Tiruvannamalai in the last 1920s and lived in the vicinity of Sri Ramanasramam for many years. He was deeply devoted to Bhagavan Ramana.