An encyclopaedic work on the issue of organic farming, this book covers most aspects of this vast subject. A useful companion for any organic farming enthusiast.
Contents of the Book:
- Cycle for survival.
- Towards organic farming.
- Soils environment and plant growth.
- Soil organic matter and humus.
- In-situ manuring.
- Ex-situ manuring.
- Production of compost.
- Bio-intensive nutrient management.
- Mechanism of nitrogen fixation.
- Ecological pest management.
- Neem : the panacea for organic farming.
- Peripherals for self sustainability.
- Adoption and success.
- Economics and marketing.
About the Author:
Arun K. Sharma is a graduate from G.B. Pant University of Agric, & Tech., Pantnagar and presenlty working as Socientist at Central Arid Zone Research Institute, Jodhpur. He has worked on rainwater conservation. he has development of self-sustainable farming systems for the drylands. He has written two internationally known books namely, a Handbook of Organic Farming and Biofertilizers for Sustainable Agriculture (published by Agrobios (India), Johdhpur.