Vipassana is the quintessence of teachings of the Buddha. The Venerable Ledi Sayadaw was an invaluable link in the chain of teachers that preserved Vipassana in its pristine purity in Myanmar. The writings of this great meditation master and Abhidhamma scholar are not easily available today. Therefore the Vipassana Research Institute has published The Manuals of Dhamma, which is a collection of English translations of the Venerable Sayadaw’s writings.
The reader will find a great treasure of information as well as inspiring guidance for the practice of Dhamma in these texts.
- The Vipassanā Dīpanī or The Manual of Insight
- The Paţţhānuddesa Dīpanī or The Manual of Relations
- The Sammadiţţhi Dīpanī or The Manual of Right Views
- The Niyāma Dīpanī or The Manual of Law
- The Catusacca Dīpanī or The Manual of the Four Noble Truths
- The Bodhipakkhiya Dīpanī or The Manual of the Factors Leading to Enlightenment
- The Magganga Dīpanī or The Manual of the Constituents of the Noble Path
- Alin-Kyan: An Exposition of the Five Kinds of Light
- Appendix 1: Five Questions on Kamma
- Appendix 2: Anattanisamsa