Markandeya Purana is along with Bhagwat Purana, is considered to be quite a celebrated work. Ranking seventh in the list of the Mahapuranas, the Markandeya Purana is one of the most important, interesting and probably one of the oldest works. It is claimed that its recitation frees one from taints of sin.
Table of Contents:
- Raja Harischandra's Tale and Other stories
- Dialogue Between Sumati and Mahamati
- The Manus and their Manvantras (Eras)
- Glories of the Goddess Mahamaya and Prominent Kings of the Solar Dynasty
- Importance of the Markandeya Purana
About the Author:
B K Chaturvedi born in a reputed family had his education in Allahabad and Bangalore. His is now a free lance author, journalist and translator based in New Delhi. He has many articles/poems and books published in both Hindi and English to his credit. Prominent among them are the metered-verse English translation of the famous epic of modern Hindi, Kamayani. A prolific writer, he often writes for TV and Radio.