- Origin of musical instruments
- Pre-historic and Egyptian musical instruments
- Musical instruments of ancient Assyrians and Hebrews
- Musical instruments of Greeks and Romans
- Musical instruments of China
- Musical instruments of Persia and Arabia
- Musical instruments of American Indians
- Musical instruments of mediaeval Europe
- Development of musical instruments
- Orchestras and musical bands
- Post medieval musical instruments
- Musical instruments of India.
Musical instruments were created to fulfil the essential function in all societies. The ingenuity of man has contrived to employ horn, bone, glass, pottery, slabs of sonorous stone in fact, almost all vibrating matter in producing music.
The book contains twelve chapters indentifying and analysing variety of musical instruments from almost all continents of the world. It deals with variety of musical instruments and many of them which have become extinct has been illustrated in this book.
The book deals with variety of stringed instruments, drums, wind instruments and instruments of percussion originated in ancient Egypt, Arabia, Parsia, Greece, England, Germany, France, China, Japan and India. Musical instruments of American Indians, Hebrews and African tribes have also been included in the book.
The book will attract the attention of the readers of all cultures of the world.