Swami Yogeshwaranand Saraswati was a great Yogi of his time who had attained perfect mastery over Samadhi. His knowledge of self and God is based on the intuitive experiences which he gained in deep meditation. Although he followed Samkhya-Yoga systems of Philosophy, yet he deviated from their concepts wherever he experienced truth differently in his meditative vision. His views about the Vrittis and Samskaras are radically different from what is believed by Samkhya School of Philosophy.
In this present book the author has analyzed and discussed some of the most radical aspects of the Philosophy of Swami Yogeshwaranand. His approach is critical but he is also appreciative of some of the findings of Swami Yogeshwaranand which have enriched the Samkhya Philosophy or which have contributed to the removal of cobwebs surrounding the orthodox systems to augment the existing knowledge. He has done a commendable job of giving exposure to the Philosophy of Swami Yogeshwaranand on the one hand and enlarging the scope of research and analysis of some of the fundamental characteristics of Samkhya thought.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter One: Individual Soul
- Attributes of Soul
- Evolution of the Universe
- Antahkarana Chautustaya
- Chapter Two: Reinterpretation of Certain Doctrines
- Deficiency of Knowledge in Soul
- Multiplicity of Souls
- Soul not a Fragment of Supreme Soul
- Soul As Product of Five Elements
- Jivataman-whether atomic ?
- Chapter Three: Brahman (The Absolute)
- Attributes of God
- Dispensation of Fruits of Action by Brahma
- Knowledge Revealed by God
- Incarnation (Avatara)
- Brahman-whether with Form and Attributes
- Abode of Brahman
- Prayers, worship and Devotion
- Chapter Four: Realization of Self
- Realization of Individual Self
- Realization of Death
- Realization of Brahman
About the Author:
Dr. Inder Bhan Bhasin was born and brought up in Kohat in rugged terrain of North Western Frontier Province, which now forms part of Pakistan. He has made an in-depth study of the twin philosophies of Samkhya and Yoga and is considered as an authority on these subjects. The Author is closely associated with many spiritual organizations and is also Executive Director of Himgiri Spiritual Research and Training Institute, which is affiliated to Pune University.