Vol. II: Sarira, Nidana, Cikitsita and Kalpa Sthana:
- Putrakamiya adhyaya (desire for begetting a son)
- Garbhavakranti sarira adhyaya (formation of the foetus)
- Garbhopacaraniya adhyaya (care of the pregnant woman)
- Garbha vyapat adhyaya (disorders of pregnancy)
- Anga vibhaga sarira adhyaya (human body and its parts)
- Sira vibhaga adhyaya (classification of veins)
- Marma vibhaga adhyaya (classification of vital spots)
- Prakrti bhediya sarira adhyaya (kinds of human constitution)
- Vikrti vijnaniya adhyaya (knowledge of fatal signs)
- Vikrteha vijnaniya adhyaya (knowledge of fatal signs)
- Vikrta vyadhi vijnaniya adhyaya (fatal signs in diseases)
- Dutadi vijnaniya adhyaya (knowledge of messenger etc.)
This book 'Astangasamgraha' of Acarya Vagbhata is an ancient authoritative text on Ayurveda, studies since many centuries by students, scholars and practitioners of Indian medicine. Because of its archaic style of composition and terse language certain amount of difficulty is being experienced. Desire for translation of the complete text either in Hindi or English is being keenly felt. This translation in English hopes to fulfil the need.
Translation has been done in simple English by Prof. K.R. Srikantha Murthy an experienced teacher and author. Explanatory notes have been added at many places to facilitate correct understanding especially by the students. Entire text is being covered in three volumes of translation, each one having index, appendices etc.
This being the first English translation of the complete text is sure to be of great help to all those interested in Ayurveda.