Ayurveda, the renowned health system of India and the ancient world, has kept people well naturally for centuries. Now it has been rediscovered by western health practitioners, and it is revolutionizing our thinking about nutrition and disease prevention. Here at last is an easy-to-read, lavishly illustrated book that shows how it works. Rather than relying on medication to cure ailments as western medicine does, Ayurveda emphasizes daily nutrition habits and physical routines for maintaining health so that you don't get sick in the first place. You will find out how to tell which physical type you are (there are basically three) and then get full information on the practical regimens that are right for you. Everyone who is interested in maintaining his health the natural way will find intriguing ideas on every page.
Table of Contents:
- Ayurveda, the mother of medicine : Ithinasa
- Philosophical and medical basis : Adisthana Tativa
- Bio-typology : Prakriti Pariksha
- Anatomical aspects : Sharira
- Pathology and diagnoses : Nidana
- Treatment strategies : Cikitsa
- Nutritional science : Padthya-Apadthya
- Life-style : Swatha-Vritta
- External cleansing : Bahin-Shodana
- Internal cleansing : Antha-Shodana
About the Author:
Hans H. Rhyner is an Ayurveda Physician Practising in Switzerland and India.