- Formulary - compound formulations
- Asava and Arista
- Avaleha and Paka
- Kvatha Curna
- Vati and Gutika
- Vartti – Netra Bindu and Anjana
- Rasa yoga
- Formulary – single drugs :
- List of single drugs of animal origin
- List of single drugs of mineral origin
- List of single drugs of plant origin
- Appendices :
- Paribhasa (glossary of technical terms)
- Sodhana (process of detoxification)
- Therapeutic index
- Formula wise
- Disease wise
- Action wise
- Metric equivalents of classical weights and measures
The Ayurvedic Formulary of India, Part II, English version contains description of 191 classical Ayurvedic formulations. Methods of preparation of different groups of formulations like asava, arishta, arka, avaleha, kwatha churna, guggulu, ghrita, churna, taila, lepa, vati, anjara, parpati, pishti, bhasma, mandura and louha are mentioned in detail with the ingredients.
Scientific/botanical and English names for single drugs of plant, mineral and metal origin are given in the appendix which will make this book more user friendly for scientists, teachers, students and manufactures of Ayurvedic medicines.
Definitions and terminologies used in Ayurvedic pharmacy are also mentioned in detail with authentic references. Purification method of poisonous drugs are given in its appendix to facilitate Ayurvedic drug manufacturing pharmacists. The use of various formulations in different disease conditions are also given. In the end weights and measurements followed by the references are also given. In general this book will be more user friendly for scientists, research scholars, pharmacists, students and general readers.