I. Introduction to plastic surgery
II. Historical perspective
III. Plastic surgery in ancient India:
1. Technique of ear piercing
2. Unsuccessful techniques
3. Additional method for elongation of ear lobule
4. Disease of ear lobule
5. Achar Rasayan (Sociobehavioral conduct) in plastic & reconstructive surgery
6. Pathya ahar & bihar in plastic & reconstructive surgery
7. Preoperative arrangements
8. Basic principles of plastic & reconstructive surgery
9. Wound healing –an ancient concept
10. Principles of dressings & bandage in ancient surgery
11. Ayurvedic concept of Rhinoplastic surgery
12. Concept of microsurgery in Ayurveda
13. Cosmetic aspects in plastic & reconstructive surgery in Ayurveda
IV. Modern technique of plastic surgery
V. Role of leech in plastic & reconstructive surgery
VI. Pharmacological study of drugs used in plastic & reconstructive surgery
VII. Recent advances aesthetic rhionoplasty
This book is first of its nature. Till now no such type of book has been published. This book is having depth with the fundamental of ancient surgeons as described by ancient surgeons with its modern correlance which will helpful to both under graduate and post graduate students of Ayurvedic & modern scholars.
It is hoped that this book is sufficiently comprehensive to guide plastic surgeons. This chapter of recent advances in aesthetic surgery has been illustrated with figures. Main aim of this book is to provide a mature approach to basic principles of plastic surgery in Ayurveda. This book contains translation on commentary of the ancient Ayurvedic text with critical analysis of the subject matter in the light of modern plastic surgery.
I hope this edition will show a path for both Ayurvedic & modern surgeons of this field.