Ganapati or Brahmanaspati is a Cosmic power. He leads the aspirants on th Divine path appropriate to that person. He removes all the obstacles in the path. Obstacle is something that obstructs human movement or progress. Nature places these obstacles to test one's perseverance. If one is serious about his/her movement towards progress, a clear guidance comes for the course of action
The present book carries several mantras from the Veda in this context. Chantingthem with faith suggests a course of action.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction and Overview
- What is a Mantra?
- The Well-known Mantra of Rishi Grtsamada
- Obstacles, Calamities and Guidance
- Fights Against the Hostile Forces with Mantras
- Grantor of Riches, Felicities and Bliss
- Release from Debts
- Honey and the Delight of Existence
- Creation of Cosmic Level
- Legends and their Symbolism
- Murti of Ganapati and Its Significance
- Skanda or Kumara and Ganesha
- Gayatri Mantra of Ganapati and Om
- Ganapati Upanishad from Atharva Veda
About the Author:
Dr. R.L. Kashyap is Professor Emeritus of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Purdue University, Lafayette, Indiana in USA. He had his masters degree form Indian Institute of science, Bangalore and obtained Ph.D. form Harvard University. He is the recipient of many international awards. He has authored more than 350 research papers. He has guided more than 50 Ph.D. Scholars. He has written extensively on Veda. He has given the word-meaning of all the verses from the first 121 suktas of Rig Veda. He has to his credit six major books on the Veda. He is the Honorary Director of Sri Aurobindo Kapali Sastry Institute of Vedic culture, Bangalore.