Joyful Effort, Right Livelihood, Compassionate Living, Freedom from Suffering - such principles offer healing balance to the hectic pursuit of the American Dream and explain why Buddhism is the fastest growing religion in the West. In Buddhism, many seekers find their true path to peace and happiness, regardless of hardship. This lavishly illustrated gift book includes:
- The story of Prince Siddhartha and Buddhism's spread throughout Asia
- Basic beliefs of Buddhism, emphasizing the Tibetan, Zen, and Theravadan traditions
- Inspiring quotes from teachers such as the Dalai Lama
- Practical instruction on how to meditate and what to expect when visiting a Buddhist center
- Readers new to Buddhism as well as experienced practitioners will appreciate this accessible guidebook for living in harmony with ourselves, our communities, and our world.