In simple language, the book explains how to choose favorable options in education, career, profession and business; to predict wealth and prosperity, success in love, romance and marriage, the state of health and longevity, and happiness and harmony in life. It provides guidelines to convert opportunities to advantage. It thus enables us to be a master, rather than be a prisoner of our destiny-and therein lies the critical importance of Indian Predictive Astrology and of this book.
This book introduces and explains the ancient Indian knowledge and wisdom of Predictive Astrology-the Jataka Shastra, as practiced and perfected over the centuries. It will help you understand how planetary influences shape your personality and predetermine major events in your life, thus providing you with the power to master your destiny and plan your future more successfully.
Table of Contents:
- The Indian System of Astrology
- Astrology: Study of the Preordained
- Sun Signs
- Houses of the Zodiac: Their Significance
- The Influence of Ascendants
- Janma Nakshatras: Determining Personality Traits
- Navamshas: Assessing Planetary Strengths
- The Influence of Planets
- Ruling Planets: Shaping Life & Events
- Planets & Zodiac Signs: Favourable and Unfavourable Relationships
- Planetary Effects on Houses
- Casting a Horoscope
- Astrological Predictions
- Predicting Educational Achievements
- Predicting Favourable Careers & Professions
- Predicting Wealth, Success & Prosperity
- Predicting Love, Romance & Marriage
- Predicting the Birth of Children
- Predicting Health, Fitness & Vitality
- Predicting Longevity
- Planetary Influences
- Dasha: The Ruling Period of a Planet
- Planets in Transit: Benefic & Malefic Effects
- Planets in Transit: The Ashtakavarga Chart
- Some Important yogas & Combinations
- Illustrative Horoscopes.
About the Author:
The author, Dr V.K. Sharma, has spent more than 25 years studying and exploring astrological systems and their prognostications. His probing and significant contribution to astrology have been acknowledged in the form of several honorary titles being bestowed on him. A regular contributor to magazines such as The Astrological Magazine, Occult India, Jyotishmati and Jyotisha Tantra Rahasya, Dr Sharma has delivered numerous lectures on astrology, occultism and mysticism. A telling example of the accuracy of his predictions was an article published in Occult India in August 1988, in which he foretold of danger to Rajiv Gandhi's life through 'fire and explosions'. Sugama Phalita Jyotisha is a widely read book on astrology written by him in Hindi. By profession, a professor of Botany at the M.L. Sukhadia University at Udaipur, Dr Sharma also heads the Srividya Astro-Research Centre at Udaipur.