This book is a collection of articles on various aspects of Ayurveda by renowned scholars. In 1965, Arya Vaidya Sala started conducting annual seminars on the Founder's Day. The proceedings were published regularly. Commemorative lectures came to be conducted every year from 1985. The papers contained in this volume, except the first are the texts of the lectures delivered on such occasions. They are presented in a single volume so that readers get an opportunity to acquaint themselves with the perspectives of different authors on subjects of topical interest.
Table of Contents:
- Editor's Note
- PART I
- History and philosophy of Ayurveda
- Ayurveda in its pristine purity
- Surgery in Ayurveda
- Ayurveda and Yoga
- Ayurveda in the Present context
- PART II
- Tributes to Vaidyaratnam P. S. Varier
- English transliteration of Sanskrit words.