The Advent of Lord Skanda or Karttikeya, the purpose of His incarnation as an Avatara and its significance should be of great importance and of immense value to seekers after truth. Lord Skanda, also known as Shanmukha, is adored and worshipped with intense faith and devotion throughout South India and Sri Lanka. And naturally it will be of great interest to all His devotees, in particular, to know more about Him, the significance of His birth and His life and career as a victorious General. The book has been divided into two parts: Part One dealing with the main theme, and Part Two consisting of Appendices.
Table of Contents:
- Publisher's Note
- The Need for Skanda-Sakti in Spiritual Sadhana-Sri Swami Chidananda
- Lord Skanda-Sri Swami Krishnananda
- Hymn to Lord Shanmukha-Sri Swami Shanmukhananda
- Saint Arunagiri’s Kandaranubhuti
- Part -I - Section - I: Introductory
- Section – II: Skanda Vijayam
- Section – III: The Esoteric Significance of the Story
- Section – IV: Bhakta-Saints of Lord Skanda
- Section – V: Most Important Temples of Lord Skanda Sthala Mahima
- Section – VI: Skanda Shashthi Messages
- Part - II - Appendix - I
- Appendix - II
- Appendix - III
- Appendix - IV
About the Author:
Sri Swami Sivananda , born on the 8th September, 1887, in the illustrious family of Sage Appayya Dikshita and several other renowned saints and savants, Sri swami Sivananda had a natural flair for a life devoted to the study and practice of Vedanta.
He was an inborn eagerness to serve all and an innate feeling of unity with all mankind. He is the author of over 300 volumes and has disciples all over the world, belonging to all nationalities, religions and creeds. To read his works is to drink at the Fountain of Wisdom Supreme. On 14th July, 163 he entered Mahasamadhi.