A fairly competent book on the subject by a professor of agronomy from Bikaner. The perspective is that of an agricultural scientist. He therefore quotes Swaminathan but does not refer to Fukuoka or Howard or any other organic farming greats.
Contents of the book:
- Introduction--organic farming : an overview.
- Sustainable agricultural system: the world scenario.
- Management of agricultural pollution : soil pollution.
- Management of agricultural pollution: agrochemicals.
- Use of traditional additives for organic farming.
- Use of non tradition additives for organic farming.
- Agricultural waste management and crop production.
- Biogas technology and organic farming.
- Waste water treatment and use for organic farming.
- Domestic and industrial wastes for organic farming.
- Future trends in organic farming.
- Collateral readings.