Discusses the health benefits of good sexual relationships. He dispels the myth that abstinence is required to attain pure consciousness and explains why repressing sexuality cuts off prana, which in turn affects our relationship to life itself.
'Practical Ayurveda' is an introductory work on the Ayurvedic system of health care. The system is presented in an easy to read, lucid style suitable for Westerners. The simple explanations and avoidance of Sanskrit terms make it especially accessible. Additionally, Atreya establishes the spiritual roots of Ayurveda and shows how to practical use the subtle healing modules available in the Vedic tradition.
The detailed explanation of the 'life-force', prana, is explained according to the Ayurvedic model throughout the book. This is especially interesting in regard to human sexuality. Clear, precise information is given on the proper use of sexuality and certain methods are explained to help enhance the overall health and enjoyment of both partners.
All major points of the Ayurvedic medical system are covered in the book
including in depth research of several common Indian herbs. Ayurvedic psychology
is explained as is the disease process. There is a complete section on practical
self diagnosis methods. The book is accompanied by, at times, humorous
illustrations adding to the author's light approach to a difficult and often
Important Topics Include:
- Explains Ayurveda as a pranic system of healing.
- Explains the inseparable spiritual roots of Ayurveda
to the Vedic tradition.
- Presents the system without a lot of Sanskrit words.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the system.
- Explains how pranic healing can be used as a
supplementary therapy in Ayurveda to balance the three humors (the three
- Provides many practical and easy to use methods to
balance or regain your health.
- Explains human sexuality from an interesting
energetic point of view, again with many practical methods to increase your
health and enjoyment.
- Ayurvedic psychology is presented in a simple manner
with many explanations.
- The nature of disease is explained from the Ayurvedic
point of view.
- Self diagnosis methods are given along with methods to correct