In this book, the renowned environmentalist and activist charts how corporate control of food and the globalization of agriculture are robbing millions of their livelihoods and their right to food, and the related impact this has on the environment and the quality and healthfulness of the foods we eat. Topics covered include genetically engineered seeds, patents on life, mad cows and sacred cows and the debate on shrimp farming. This inspiring book will possibly lead the debate about genetic engineering and commercial agriculture for some time to come.
- Chapter 1 - The Hijacking of the Global Food Supply
- Chapter 2 - Soy Imperialism and the Destruction of Local Food Cultures
- Chapter 3 - The Stolen Harvest Under the Sea
- Chapter 4 - Mad Cows and Sacred Cows
- Chapter 5 - The Stolen Harvest of Seed
- Chapter 6 - Genetic Engineering and Food Security
- Chapter 7 - Reclaiming Food Democracy
About the Author:
A world-renowned environmental leader and recipient of the 1993 Alternative Nobel Peace Prize (the Right Livelihood Award), Shiva has authored several books, most recently Earth Democracy, and contributed to numerous anthologies. Activist and scientist, Shiva leads, with Ralph Nader and Jeremy Rifkin, the International Forum on Globalization. Before becoming an activist, Shiva was one of India's leading physicists.