Ayurveda is the name the ancient Indians gave to their science of medicine. 'Ayuh' means life and 'veda' means to know. Ayurveda therefore is the science by which life can be prolonged or its nature understood. The book is simple in style, tells in detail about this indigenous science and its importance which is being realized now all over the country.
Table of Contents:
- What is Ayurveda
- Anatomy - Food and Pathology
- Diagnosis and Prognosis - Materia Medica
- Ophthalmology, Obsterics, Gynaecology & Paediatrics
- Ayurveda for Animals, Birds, Trees etc.
- The Growth of Ayurveda: Samhitas, Great Master's Books on Ayurveda, Rasachikitsa
- Ayurveda in Kerala
- Regimen to a Happy Life
- The Spread of Ayurveda: Suggestions for Further Improvement
- Some Aphorisms in Ayurveda.