An excellent collection of essays. The book has an interesting history. First published in 1991, with a second edition in 1994, K.N. Rao withdrew the book thereafter. This was in the face of numerous requests for a reprint. Suddenly a new printing appeared, but without Rao's name on the front, or the title page. Copyright is now with "Sansthan", or so the book claims. This is a pirate edition, which seems not unknown in India.
In the first chapter of Saadhe-Saati Rao writes, In 1991, single handed I guided, even rewrote many papers & produced Advanced Techniques of Astrological Prediction which has now come out in the market with my name omitted as its editor. Again I excuse them & wish them well. Our sympathies to Mr. Rao.
The Contents of the Book:
- About the contributors;
- Introduction, by K.N. Rao;
- Evolution of Cosmology, by R.N.
- Vashistha; Education for a career & the tension of parents, by M.N. Kedar;
- Service or self-employment? Test the thumb-rules, by S.N. Kapoor;
- Profession & planetary influences, by R.C. Sharma;
- Career prospects & ashtakavarga applied to vimshottari dasha, by P.C. Verma;
- Authors & journalists: an astrological enquiry, by Col. A.K.
- Gour; Successful Indian women in different fields, by Kusum Sharma;
- Tajik shastra & marriage timing of event, by Dr. R.K.
- Wishwakarma; Role of dashas in marital discord, by Shiv Raj Sharma;
- Marital disharmony, by Shunny Nigam;
- Jaimini astrology & general elections in India, by Y.K. Bansal 'Yogi';
- Kaal Sarpa Yoga, part 1, by Z. Ansari;
- Disease, its onset & outcome, by Dr. K.S. Charak;
- Prasthar-ashtakavarga system of prediction with accurate time period, by Dr. D.K. Aggarwal;
- Mystic trio in astrology, by B.P. Malviya;
- Role of darakaraka in vimshottari dashas, by Supriya Jagdish.