This book attempts to trace the history of post Independent India astrologically. It presents the key events chronologically along with the important indicators of these events grouped under the Vimshottari Dasa - Antara Dasa segments. Each event has been analysed in the context of prevailing Dasa periods, the transits and, wherever possible, in terms of the Chart cast for the time of the event.
The analysis of Indian affairs is made sectorwise - polity, economy, industry, agriculture, science and technology, natural and national disasters - to take a holistic view of the astral influence. Also, it examines the defining role of gochara or transists of major planets such as Saturn, Rahu, Jupiter and Mars in triggerig significant events. Finally, an attempt is made to work out the future trends of mundane affairs in India's march ahead, covering the period up to 2050.
- Planetary Significations in Indian Affairs.
- Planetary Directions: Mahadasa of Saturn the Arbiter of India's Destiny.
- Planetary Directions: Mahadasa of AB87183Mercury the Perpetuator of Dynastic Rule and Moral Degradation.
- Planetary Directions: Mahadasa of Ketu Scourge of Militancy.
- Planetary Directions: Mahadasa of Venus: A Saga of Unstable Coalition Governments.
- Planets and Indian Affairs--Sectorwise.
- Planetary Transits and Indian Affairs.
- Future Trend.
- Sources of Information
About the Author:
Dhruva a well-known astrological scientist, has a flair for tracing political happenings astrologically. He has been writing a monthly column `The World This Month` in The Astrological Magazine since 1992, giving the outlook and general trend in World affairs. Dhruva has done considerable work in mundane astrology, especially in the area of prediction of natural calamities. He has so expertise in this branch of astrology that most of his predictions have come true, to name a few: the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, the unprecedented weather turbulence in Mumbai in July 2005, in United States in August-September 2005, and the deadliest plane crash of Brazil in July 2007.