Volumes 1 and 2 are OUT OF PRINT so this is just 4 of the 6 volumes accordingly.
- Vol. III: Clinical Examination and Diagnostic Methods
- This volume contains a detailed account of the several methods of diagnosis, the related conceptual framework and the rationale behind prescriptions. There is a special section on surgical instruments and operations.
- Vol. IV: Materia Medica (Herbal Drugs)
- This exhaustive volume deals with herbs and plants used in Indian medicine. Entries made in alphabetical order specify botanical names and habitat. The medicinal action and therapeutic hints have been included along with some illustrations.
- Vol. V: Materia Medica (Minerals and Metallic Drugs)
- A by-product of research done by brilliant alchemists, Indian drugs derive from a rich tradition in organic chemistry. The book records the different processes, equipment and therapeutic action of traditional drugs.
- Vol. VI: Diseases and Their Cures
- This volume deals with alphabetical entries of different diseases according to Ayurveda while including their western classification, pathogenesis and symptoms. Different treatments prescribed according to leading authorities are recorded. Causative factors, constituents affected and classical prescriptions make the information comprehensive.
About the Author:
The book have been edited by two of the most distinguished scholars of Ayurvedic medicine.Volume one to three by Vidyalankara professor S.K.Ramachandra Rao and volumes three to six by Dr.S.R.Sudarshan The entries are arranged alphabetically. They are descriptive and analytical in nature and present a comprehensive view of all aspects of Ayurveda.