This book is presented with chapters on principles and approaches in general, concept of disease and aetiopathogenesis, Ayurvedic diagnostics, promotive and preventive measures of Ayurveda, the purificatory therapies. Ayurvedic materia medica, methods of rejuvenation and virilisation, Ayurvedic treatment of intractable chronic diseases and recent scienific advances.
The book is supplemented with an uptodate bibliography on the topics covered alongwith an extended glossary of technical terms of Ayurveda with descriptive definitions. All topics have been written with emphasis on the uniqueness and distinction of Ayurveda from conventional orthodox western modern medicine with an attempt to evaluate the relevance and validity of the same in modern times.
The author of this book being teacher, physician and researcher in this field has had the advantage of utilising his professional experience with clinical medicine of Ayurveda in compiling the present work. It is hoped and believed that this small effort will prove to be of some benefit to the prospective readers to prepare them to enter into the vast ocean of the unique knowledge of the ancient science of life and medicine as propounded in Ayurveda.
- Approaches and principles of Ayurvedic medicine
- The fundamental principles
- Health, its promotion and preventive care
- Disease and aetiopathogenesis
- Ayurvedic diagnostics
- Principles of Ayurvedic cure
- Biopurification therapy of Panca Karma
- Rejuvenation and virilisation through Rasayana and Vajikarana
- Ayurvedic dietetics, diet therapy and pathyapathya
- Ayurvedic materia medica
- Biomedicine and non-drug therapies
- Ayurvedic treatment of chronic intractable diseases
- Ayurvedic psychiatry
- Geriatrics and geriatric care in Ayurveda
- Recent advances in Kayacikitsa. Glossary of selected Ayurvedic technical terms. Bibliography