Rahu and Ketu are the two nodes of Moon. They are the points where the orbit of Moon intersects the apparent path of Sun. The point of intersection in the north is called Rahu and that in the south Ketu. As mere points they may have some conceptual value, but not physical. It was on this basis that the western writers in the beginning did not assign any importance to them but later they realized some missing links in the events that they started studying the nodes.
Though these nodes have no physical existence of their own yet it would be a great blunder to ignore them only for this reason. In calculating the ascendant we are not satisfied with identifying the sign of the zodiac rising in the east at the time of birth or the epoch. We want to find out the actual point of the sign rising in the east. Similarly we find out the actual point of the Nadir at the time of the epoch. On the basis of these two points we work out the 12 houses of the birth chart. These points in the Ascendant and Nadir are also merely the points having no physical existence, but we do not ignore them on this basis.
Table of Contents:
- Publishers Note
- Significations of Asterisms of Nodes
- Astrologicial Importance of Nodes in Prediction
- Twelve Types of Kala Sarpa Yogas
- Solar and Lunar Eclipses and their Effects
- Rahu and Ketu in Various Houses of Birth Chart
- Rahu and Ketu in Various Signs
- Rahu and Ketu in Relation to Planets
- Rules of Prediction
- Some Case Studies
- Appendix I: Basic Impulses of the Planets
- Appendix II: The Signs of the Zodiac and Nakshatras