This work, Self-Culture, is a compilation done, as a labour of love, by late Sri Swami Satchidanandaji Maharaj who was a direct disciple of Gurudev. He sincerely served Gurudev personally for over a decade and, by dint of his proximity to Gurudev, he had a comprehensive knowledge of the range of Gurudevís literature. We hope that this book will stimulate the readerís interest to study deeply and become true seekers of the Knowledge of the Self.
Table of Contents:
- Sadhana Tattva
- Prayer to Mother Nature
- Health for All
- How to Keep Radiant Health
- Fasting for Health and Cure
- Exercise and Sleep
- Surya Namaskar for A 100 Years Life
- Practice of Brahmacharya
- The Patterns of thought-Culture
- From thoughts to thought-Transcendence
- Thought-Power for a New Civilisation
- Conquest of Anger
- Guide to Sadhaks
- Twenty Instructions
- Twenty Important Spiritual Instructions
- Twenty Hints on Meditation
- Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
- Origin, Significance and Benefit of Mahamantra
- Mantra for Getting Married
- Mantra for Getting a Child
- Prayer to the Divine Mother
- Spiritual diary
- Siva Gita-18 Lucid and Inspiring Epistles
- Aims and Objects of the Divine Life Society
- Inspiring Sayings of Gurudev
- Books on Yoga, Philosophy and Religion.
About the Author:
Sri Swami Sivananda, born on the 8th September, 1887, in the illustrious family of Sage Appayya Dikshita and several other renowned saints and savants, Sri Swami Sivananda had a natural flair for a life devoted to the study and practice of Vedanta.
He was an inborn eagerness to serve all and an innate feeling of unity with all mankind. He is the author of over 300 volumes and has disciples all over the world, belonging to all nationalities, religions and creeds. To read his works is to drink at the Fountain of Wisdom Supreme.