- Anatomy and physiology of digestive system
- Digestive diseases:
- Anorexia, constipation
- Cholera, diarrhea and dysentery
- Dyspepsia, gastritis
- Hyperacidity, intestinal worms
- Peptic ulcer, piles, sprue
- Ulcerative colitis, vomiting
- Ayurvedic medicines
- Herbal medicines
- Yoga therapy
- Herbs name
- Glossary and illustrations
This book provides in-depth knowledge of skin diseases and its treatment through Ayurvedic and herbal medicines. The important aspect of this book is that it takes care to give detail description of the herbs available in India and western countries. Hence the readers in India and western countries will find this book interesting and valuable in curing the problems of skin diseases.
More than 40 herbs are used in this book on the basis of their therapeutic value. It also includes Yoga therapies that are relevant in skin diseases. It is written in simple language avoiding as far as possible difficult terms.
This book is divided into four parts:
- Part-I includes brief description of anatomy of skin and its diseases with their causes, symptoms, investigations and management.
- Part-II focuses different types of Ayurvedic and herbal medicine in skin diseases.
- Part-III comprises special reference on Yoga therapies such as Yogasanas and Pranayama that are useful in skin related problems.
- Part-IV includes glossary of some medical terms used in writing the book, an index, and a list of herbs with their botanical, English and Indian names.