Medicinal plants have been used as a major source of therapeutic agents by human being for thousands of years. Ancient men obtained more than 90% of his medicaments from higher plants. However, the importance of plants as a source of drugs decreased to certain extent. Inspite of the fact that synthetic drugs and antibiotics have improved the life expectancy of man, plants still constitute as one of the major sources of raw materials for drugs all over the world. This particular book clearly described the original source of such drugs, which is beneficial to scientists and scholars.
- An ancient drug for filariasis
- Tribal remedies against snake bite and scorpion stings in Rajasthan
- Traditional herbal contraceptives from North-West Uttar Pradesh
- Cervical spondylosis through herbal drugs and Withania Somnifera Dunol and Smilax China Linn : a preliminary clinical study
- Medicinal uses of Cucurbits
- Medicinally and biologically important seed oil
- Ultramorphology in authentication of traditional herbal drugs
- Traditional Chinese herbal drugs in the light of scientific studies
- Significant medical plant
- Medicinal and poisonous plants in history
- Studies on Nepeta Ruderalis Hamitt examination of the petroleum ether extractive of the flower and stems
- Isolation of new compound from Lavandule Stoechas Linn
- Herbal preparations
- List of Medicinal plants
- Overseas suppliers and buyers.