Manas Psychiatry of Ayurveda is compendium of references of ancient psychiatry, which describes almost all possible clinical conditions of psychiatric illnesses quite comparable to modern psychiatry. The mental disorders and specific mental diseases like unmade, Atatvabhinivesa have been explained fully. The book also covers relevant portions of manas in kaya chikitsa of the CCIM syllabus hence will cater the needs of Under Graduate and Post Graduate students.
For the every mental disease mentioned in Ayurveda related subject of modern psychiatry explained at the end of each chapter, hence the student can collect much of the information on modern psychiatry. For the convenience of the students a list of all the important topics are included in the appendix. In this book English translation is presented in simple form for better student comprehension on this book. Chapters on Mental health and measures to prevent psychic diseases, manah pariksa and psychiatric problems have been given special emphasis.
Table of Contents:
- The Concept of Manas and its References in Ayurveda
- Bhuta with Reference to Manovikara
- Manasa Roga
- Madya Janita Manasa Vikriti
- Mada Murcha Samnyasa and Bhrama
- Apatanaka and Dandapatanaka
- Manah Pariksa (Psychiatric History and Examination)
- The Psychological Problems of Aged (Vriddhavastha Janita Mano Vikara)