Rather than rely on the well-worn Vimshottari dasas from times past, Rao has taken up the use of other time cycles. When various cyclic forms (dasas) coincide, prediction is assured. Most Vedic astrology is based on the work of Parasara. This is an introduction to the work of Jaimini.
- About the author
- The need to write this book
- Introduction & dedication
- Distinctive features of Jaimini astrology
- Chara Dasha order
- Order of sub & sub-sub periods
- Calculation of Chara Dasha
- Predictive techniques
- First lesson: childhood
- Love, relationship & marriage
- Marriage related problems
- Amatyakaraka or important persons
- Rajayogas: position givers
- Dasha of the Atmakaraka
- Be careful in Sagittarius dasha
- Conclusion & suggestions.
About the Author:
From relative obscurity in 1990, K.N. Rao has become one of the leading Jyotish astrologers. He is the retired Director General of the Indian office of the Comptroller and Auditor General, with a life-long interest in astrology, which he learned from his mother. He calls astrology the super-science of the new age. He directs The Astrology School at the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, New Delhi. He is a prolific writer. He believes deeply in research that brings solid results. He is unafraid of redefining ancient Vedic scriptures for modern times. He eagerly seeks out obscure techniques, and, once he has tested them to his satisfaction, adds them to his ever-growing repitore. He is challenging & surprising. He is also cranky & apt to tell a fool what he really thinks of him (and in print, to boot), a fault which I think we should forgive.