About the Author:
Prof. K.H. Krishnamurthy (b. 1928), B.Sc. (Hons.), M.Sc., Ph.D., FBS has worked in the Universities of Gujarat, Mysore, Tamilnadu and Pondicherry and retired (1986) after 30 years of distinguished service in the Jawaharlal Institute of Post graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry.
Even after retirement, he is busily engaged in several academic assignment and projects. His professional positions had been as a Convenor, Faculty of History of Medicine; a UGC Emeritus Scholar, JIPMER; a Fellow in Ayurveda , Bombay hospital trust; a Visiting Professor, National Medical College, Bombay and a Fellow in Ayurveda, FRLHT. He is a distinguished Sanskritist and Linguist, has received many Honours and Awards and has authoured more than 100 research papers in National-International Journals.