Yoga for Men is a comprehensive introduction to yoga specially designed for men of all ages and backgrounds—athletic or sedentary, young or old, the yoga devotee or the neophyte just starting out on his yoga journey. It is presented in a simple, easy-to-follow format that includes a fully illustrated, basic, yet complete, yoga practice session, to serve as a companion to your own personal yoga practice. It provides an overview of all the major styles of yoga to help you custom-tailor a practice to suit your needs.
In addition, Yoga for Men includes information specific to men—how yoga affects male health concerns, how yoga can help during the phases of a man’s life, how yoga can enhance performance for athletic activities as well as your sex life, and how yoga can be enjoyed with a partner.
Table of Contents:
- Getting Started: How to Use This Book
- Part I - Overview: Yoga as a Living Tree
- Part II - Hatha Yoga: The Main Traditions
- Part III - Contemporary Adaptations of Yoga
- Part IV - Yoga for a Man's Special Needs
- Part V - The Yoga Lifestyle
- Part VI - Supplemental Resource Information
- Afterword: The Yoga Puzzle: Putting the Pieces Together
- Chapter Notes
About the Author:
Thomas Claire is a writer, body/mind teacher, and personal development facilitator. He brings more than 30 years of experience with personal yoga practice to Yoga for Men. He taught Eastern anatomy and bodywork in the Healing Arts division of Queensborough Community College, the City University of New York.